Agile PMO Analyst
Salary: £30,357 - £32,997 depending on experience.
Programme Management Office (PMO) supports the delivery of the Business Change portfolio of projects and programmes. This role will provide specific project support to a fast paced agile project working closely with Programme and Project Managers, Project Support Analysts, users and stakeholders across the organisation.
The Agile PMO Analyst will provide project support and governance to a high profile service delivery project, working closely with the Senior Project Manager and Senior PMO Analyst.
The individual will bring knowledge and experience of what makes a PMO office successful, covering responsibilities, operational processes, systems, procurement and quality.
This role will include managing escalation issues, management of risks and issues, attendance at and support in delivery/documentation of project meetings/boards, accurate tracking and reporting of project process ensuring projects run to the agreed PMO Process.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Work as part of the Programme Management Office (PMO) to provide:
- Project Planning - assisting project/programme Managers in producing project plans and thereafter in maintaining the plans through checkpoint meetings, ensuring that the plans adhere to planning standards and are being kept up to date
- Work with the Scrum Master, Project Manager and work stream leaders on a regular basis to monitor key milestones and target dates, to identify and forecast slippages and to ensure accurate planning updates are provided as required
- Take a lead in project/programme procurement, working with department specialist and key advisory role
- Contract and financial management of projects/programmes within BIC
- Key contact and advisor for project governance, adherence to processes, policies and legislation
- Assist in producing, reviewing and auditing individual project documents
- Regular risk and issue monitoring, ensuring project logs are up-to-date and pro-actively leading reviews with project managers
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of progress, performance to schedule and performance to budget of projects
- Ensure accuracy and consistent quality across all project documentation, including highlight reports and board packs
- Proactively monitors projects/programmes and flags information and concerns to the project managers for action to be taken
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project management documents. Examples of documents include - Business Case, PID, Budgets, Estimates Spreadsheets, Plans, Checkpoint Reports, Highlight reports, Exception reports, etc
- Supports the project programme manager in preparation for progress updates, health check and project reviews
- Assisting the Project Managers with the continuous improvement of PMO processes using waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Manages and builds good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders at all levels, setting stakeholder expectations and maximising co-operation
- Fully prepare for and ensure accurate records of internal and external meetings
- Ad-hoc project work as directed by senior management
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Positive, can do attitude
- Strong stakeholder management
- Use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an exceptional standard
- Knowledge and understanding of the project lifecycle
- Self-awareness and a high level of professionalism