Back Office Analyst/Senior Analyst
Back Office is responsible for ensuring effective contract administration, trade capture and settlement to provide complete and timely revenue recovery for our Global Commodities Trading Business..
- Primary focus of the role is to perform operational activities independently and can apply knowledge and skills in a wide variety of contexts.
- Daily tasks include various System Operator Metering, Imbalance and Credit Cover Checks, checks and queries related to operating a supply business entity
- Daily work will include close cooperation with the relevant traders, Commercial Asset Optimisation (CAO), Risk, Legal, Accounting and other teams in Back Office
- Completing Settlement against bespoke Power, Energy and Gas supply agreements with System Operators, Internal and External parties in a timely manner using various systems e.g. Endur, SAP, Comet,
- Performing settlement activities on behalf of the company and Renewables Counterparts under various Contracts
- Validating/checking data from Meter Data Collection Services, and windfarms to ensure metered output correlates to benefits received i.e. Renewable Obligation Certificates etc
- Understanding the various calculations required to settle Power/Gas trades, together with their associated fees.
- Ability to challenge up stream as and when required, and escalating appropriately
- Can work independently on small project activities within the team and represent the team in larger projects with some supervision i.e. new business opportunities
- Able to work accurately and independently with meticulous attention to detail
- Can pro-actively deal with new unique/complex issues and keep Team Leader/Senior colleagues informed
- Option to travel to the Essen office and help increase knowledge, learn new processes, and promote global collaboration with other teams in Back Office
- Continuously expanding learning (operations, systems, products and markets) and this is not limited to own area/activities
- Establish effective relationships within the team and across departments and locations
- Committed to team working, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a can do attitude, and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Well organised and capable of working to tight time-scales
- Commercially aware and flexible in a changing work environment
- Able to travel to office in Essen Germany on a regular basis
- Advanced excel skills required, as well as proficient at using all other Microsoft Office programmes
- Understanding of the Trading markets would be advantageous