Salary £65k + car/allowance + pension/healthcare
The right candidate will lead Bids and Tender processes for civil engineering infrastructure projects for clients such as Network Rail, Highways England/Wales, LU, Transport for London etc.
- Drive and energise the bid team to achieve a successful outcome for each allocated tender. Following designated processes and best practice in place within organisation.
- Continually evaluate winning strategy and direct team and resources to focus on activities which will enhance chance of bid success
- Arrange all necessary internal meetings - Kickoff / Settlement and others identified in work winning process. (use outo )
- Agree Bid Budget and monitor expenditure.
- Manage tender programme.
- Produce actions and appoint individuals to complete relevant items arising from the meetings / minutes. Drive actions to completion.
- Undertake corporate approval process in conjunction with Work Winning Director
- Communication link to Client / Employers Agent + when we speak and don't speak with Third Parties
- Keep senior management informed of development on tender and gain acceptance of key decision points
- Issue Ops / Commercial / Temp Works / Specialist third party briefs Identify Estimator and Planner requirements where necessary.
- Communication management and interface with joint venture partners and key supply chain
- Oversee designers Brief in conjunction with Technical Services
- Manage designers where necessary to achieve optimum solutions
- Involvement in appointment of specialist third parties
- Participate in review of suppliers to receive tender enquiries
- Oversee and be involved with tender commercial strategy
- Manage Risk / Opportunity including commercial
- Work with commercial manager to understand route map to deliver margin set within business plan
- Decide what queries we raise (or do not raise) in line with the tender strategy
- Arrange and co-ordinate tender and post-tender meetings / interviews with the Client / Employers Agent
- Ensure that the correct resources for the Quality Submission are in place and that timescales are met. (Deliverables tracker in place prior to kickoff)
- Manage / take part in the review of the Quality Submission
- Tender feedback and dissemination once the result is known
- Handover to the project delivery team for successful tenders
- Use and follow formal meeting agendas and save presentations as powerpoint slides onto corporate database.