Business Development Director
Our client is one of the UK's leading independent Serviced Apartment Agencies, with an extremely diverse base of corporate clients and extensive coverage in the EMEA region. They are seeking a Business Development professional who wants to get 'stuck in' and be actively involved in the growth and development of the business. Experience working within the temporary accommodation sector is essential.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for proactively managing the Sales Team on a day to day basis. The key focuses are business development, investigating new markets, growing the existing database and account management.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director providing him with weekly sales reports on the sales teams activities, performance and in particular, new prospects/ clients and specific information on market sectors to be targeted.
The role will include working closely with and communicating with the Operations Manager to ensure that her team is fully briefed on client's specific needs and requirements, as well as being involved in any service delivery issues that may arise. The role is best suited to some with a friendly, personable professional who is flexible in order to drive sales forward and provide excellent service to clients.
- Proactive Management of the Sales Team.
- Monitor and develop key account relationships to ensure that we derive maximum benefit
- Overall responsibility for tenders and RFP's.
- Developing and implementing the Sales Strategy.
- Management of Ad-hoc Projects, Grad groups etc.
- Quarterly Analysis and Reviews.
- Work with the Operations Manager in order to provide the best possible service delivery to clients.
- Qualify and prioritise the prospect pipeline to ensure there is an on-going stream of profitable new business.
- Pro-actively identify new business and implement the sales action plan.
- Represent the company at National and International exhibitions, networking events etc.
- Manage and develop client relationships by directing the sales team accordingly.
- Hold weekly sales meetings with the Managing Director and sales team. Review the business performance, as well as the sales team's activities and future plans.
- Conduct accompanied viewings with clients, when required.
- Produce relevant sales collateral that will assist the Sales Team in delivering their targets.
- Cover the Duty phone at weekends (On average 1 in 6 weekends).
- Carry out quarterly and annual appraisals.
Management of the Sales Team:
- Implementation of the Sales Action Plan.
- Investigate Market Activity.
- Weekly review of Business news, industry magazines and reports etc.
- Analyse published data & statistics.
- Provide training and support to the sales team
- Co-ordinate Research projects.
- Identify opportunities and high quality leads.
- Preparing trackers showing areas, industries and contacts researched.
- Research potential leads
- Manage the Select Rewards program on a quarterly basis.
- Analyse client production, review figures with clients, grow relationships and extend penetration into client companies.
- Manage high value accounts & target companies with further requirements.
- Work on ad-hoc projects.
- Determined & Enthusiastic
- Strong team management skills
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good phone manner
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- High degree of accuracy
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good knowledge of ACT, MS Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of LinkedIn and other business related social media
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 6.00pm
25 Days Holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
Generous Bonus Scheme