Business Development Executive-Channel
Role context and purpose:
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will work within the sales team to position the benefits of professional development solutions focused on our apprenticeship offering, with a key focus on training providers and business employers.
Existing client accounts
Generate sales from a defined list of approved provider accounts, including helping newly acquired accounts establish themselves as active apprenticeship providers, annual license renewals, upselling and cross-selling of products. The growth of the existing customer base forms a key part of the objectives for channel.
Developing new business opportunities, responding to leads and generating revenue through on boarding new approved providers and selling products.
Prospecting and lead generation:
- Prove proactive in approach to identifying new business opportunities, production of leads and establishing new relationships by researching, adding and developing new clients;
- Qualify sales leads in line with target customer criteria, principally by telephone, email and social media;
- Confidently prospect via telephone and social media;
- Collate accurate information on prospective clients on to the CRM system to enable future follow up;
- Plan own activity to ensure all opportunities are explored and followed up;
- Follow up specific marketing campaigns, and any inbound leads identified, in a timely manner;
- Establish prospective customers' products needs and explore how these can be met;
- Use persuasion skills to engage prospects' further interest and establish the need for developing a product solution and proposal, including the benefit of a wider proposition than maybe initially obvious;
- Identify past prospects for follow up calls and meetings
Target and KPIs
- Deliver revenue in line with targets set by the Director, along with meeting targets for a conversion rate for leads (received and self-generated);
- The BDE will predominantly be targeted for revenue and any other areas of new business as directed by the Director, such as: acquisition of new approved providers; renewal of approved provider annual licenses; volume or cross-selling from established clients;
- Be responsible for your own activity levels to ensure they are in line with agreed performance requirements and KPIs
Occasional travel in the UK (with potential overnight stays) supporting KAMs and marketing activities.
Salary: £22k and up to 10k commission