We are recruiting for a Commodity & Accounting Accountant to work for a fantastic client based in Swindon. Salary £45,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience with a wide selection of company benefits incl agile working, 25 days hols (+ BH) and the ability to buy more leave, private healthcare, onsite 24 hr gym, modern offices and canteen, yearly salary reviews and performance related bonus. You must have strong knowledge of IFRS (in particular IFRS 7, 9 and 13) with Mark-to-Market accounting experience in a commodity trading business. Successful candidates should be fully qualified (ACA/ ACMA/ ACCA) preferably with audit background and 5 years post qualified experience
- Ability to review complex contracts and apply knowledge of IFRS 7, 9 and 13 to advise appropriate accounting treatment.
- Prepare technical accounting papers in conjunction with the Accounting Principles team outlining key aspects of contracts ready for presentation to and discussion with external auditors.
- Keep up to date with developments in accounting standards to ensure accounting policies are applied correctly across the Commodity Accounting team.
- On a monthly basis reconcile IAS results with the Risk department's monthly P&L reports and work to resolve/explain issues or differences.
- Review control environment to ensure integrity of information leaving the team.
- Ability to develop, nurture and manage close relationships across the business and in multiple locations.
- Present and explain financial results to Risk, Controlling and the wider Accounting teams.
- Reconcile and analyse key balance sheet accounts and prepare commentary.
- Prepare ad-hoc management reports, carry out project work as required and respond to specific questions or requests as appropriate.
- Prepare information for, and respond to, audit queries.
The successful candidate will be required to work with Front and Back Offices, Risk and Controlling to develop a good commercial understanding of the business activities. You must have a questioning and inquisitive mind with a proven ability to challenge and revise processes as required. Be a strong communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business and across various teams. Strong IT skills, advanced user of Excel and knowledge of Access databases desirable.