Salary £24000-£27000 depending on experience
This is a key role in the Credit Control team and has responsibility for credit risk assessment, debt management and collection of rents, sales, and other ad-hoc debts and related projects.
The post holder will be expected to act pro-actively when dealing with enquiries from customers and act in the best interests at all times.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
The post holder shall:
- Actively review unpaid accounts, ensuring all debts are collected on time or alternatively establish reasons for non-payment. Monitor accounts which are on hold or being dealt with in the region/country, ensuring action is being taken to resolve disputes and queries.
- Instruct debt recovery agents or solicitors in the collection of debts as appropriate and directed by the credit manager.
- Ensure debt levels are maintained in line with the targets set.
- Provide credit risk assessments and advise where credit should not be granted to perspective tenants/customers. Deliver credit checks, when requested, on potential suppliers/contractors and advise where a risk is identified.
- Participate in a variety of projects, credit related to drive efficiencies and best practice.
- Be accountable for their personal development through the appraisal process. (Individuals with line management responsibility are also accountable for the development of their staff.)
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Essential: A good understanding of the principle functions of a credit control department and how this impacts upon other departments.
Desirable: Credit Management Diploma or equivalent accounting or business studies.
Essential: Computer literate with advanced Microsoft; Excel and Word skills. The ability to work accurately and to strict timetables. In addition, excellent communication skills in order to develop good relationships with customers, tenants and internal staff.
Essential: Previous credit control experience and preferably working as part of a busy team. Risk assessment, debt recovery and working with third party agents.