Experience of engineering, preferably gained within an automotive environment is essential, with a good understanding of engine / vehicle testing and development.
Permanent - Full time
Travel - Sometimes sporadic and short notice
Salary - £24,000 - £32,000 (Depending on experience)
This opportunity is for someone who is willing to join a small but successfully growing business which is part of a rapidly growing industry.
- Support day to day emissions test activity, ensure data quality and efficient operation of the test facility.
- Carry out installations
- Equipment and facility maintenance
- Provide support and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to travel & stay at customer sites across the UK.
- Customer facing role
- Competent in the use of diagnostic software
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding of Health and Safety, Risk and COSHH assessments.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Confidently and effectively communicate at all levels.
- Motivated and possess the drive to complete tasks in a timely manner with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict time constraints.
- Flexible with the ability to respond quickly to changing situations
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Fully skilled mechanic through a recognised formal training programme.
- A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship coupled with relevant years' experience.
- Skills and Experience in a similar role or transferable skills
- Clean driving licence