Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial information for use by senior management in deciding the future direction of the company.
- Preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with line manager
- Preparation of the statutory accounts and corresponding tax computation
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly reports
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return with analysis
- Responsibility for monthly forecasting in conjunction with departmental managers
- Responsible for Cashflow forecasting ensuring that cash is actively managed
- Liaising with auditors to manage the external audit process, ensuring the smooth running of the year end audit.
- Preparation and timely submission of national statistics
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the financial reporting process.
Involvement in continuous improvement projects and production of ad-hoc analysis where required.
Knowledge & Experience
Previous experience in a similar role.
ACCA, CIMA or ACA
Excellent English verbal & written communication skills.
Excellent organisation skills.
Ability to work in an accurate manner & have a clear understanding of numerical data.
Good time management.
Good Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal & external customers.