£18,000 depending on experience + company benefits
This role will involve preparing and submitting planning appraisals, applications and appeals, local plan representations, as well as supporting the delivery of Neighbourhood Plans - All initially under the guidance of a senior colleague.
The role will involve assisting with the projects of colleagues and undertaking research when required.
- Researching sites, policy and local plans
- Writing accurate, knowledgeable and persuasive planning statements
- Submitting planning application and appeals
- Liaising with planning officers, clients and third-party consultants
- Supporting senior colleagues to progress projects from inception to completion
This an excellent opportunity for a recently graduated town planner to join an established small, but growing practice. The post is particularly suited to someone embarking on a planning career and we would encourage applications from enthusiastic and capable graduates with limited experience. Knowledge and abilities in the field of urban design including use of CAD and graphic design software would be useful.
- A good understanding of planning objectives and principles
- An understanding of processing applications from preparation to submission.
- Able to draft reports that assess material planning considerations, relevant to individual proposals/projects accurately and within deadlines
- Professional approach to dealing with clients, local authorities etc. regarding planning process and Partnership case work.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for planning and urban design