Our client based in Kembrey Park in Swindon are looking for a Buyer to join their team on a 6-7 month fixed term contract. As the successful candidate for this role, you will be responsible for the purchase of goods and services for the organisation, have strong Excel skills and be self-motivated with excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Manage the buying process for all components and services with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within systems
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes, responsibility for managing a just in time stocking of all parts.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements . Processing of purchase orders, matching with purchasing invoice and passing to accounts department for approval for payment.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues