Learning and Development Manager
Due to strategic people plans, a superb opening has arisen to join a company as a Learning and Development Manager (Training) on a permanent basis. Working as part of the Associate and Organisational Development team, this is an opportunity to lead a small team, drive change and manage new projects to enhance our learning and development provision within a large business.
- Engaging collaboratively with stakeholders to provide high quality, timely and audience appropriate development.
- Review current activities and recommend improvements to support the achievement of the strategic people plans.
- Helping associates achieve their potential through the delivery of effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of individuals, teams and the business.
- Leading, coaching and developing the team of five reports
- Working collaboratively across the Associate and Organisational Development team to support the delivery of annual and mid-term business plans.
- Managing budget for areas of responsibility.
- Preparing and reporting data and management of Associate and Organisation Development quality management systems.
- Providing oversight of other functions' training to maintain standards and providing coaching where required.
- Managing the provision of a broad range of development activities including; personal development, mandatory and compliance training, e-learning content.
- Identifying, organising and delivering on-going and new learning requirements in line with business plan or ad-hoc requirements, and conducting effective evaluation.
- Coordination of e-learning, lineside (e.g. Toolbox talks), and classroom courses / workshops / directly or via others e.g. external providers, Team Leaders, Health and Safety Representatives.
- Developing and managing e-learning content, system utilisation and reporting.
- Proactively managing external suppliers, evaluating their performance against agreed measures and demonstrating return on investment.
- Maintaining systems and accurate training records, including expiration reports.
- Managing quality systems documentation and the supporting quality audits.
- Designing induction and as required delivering induction.
- Supporting other Associate and Organisational Development team members with activities e.g. school events, career fairs, apprenticeship activity.
- Managing the Team Leader Readiness Programme and similar future programmes in conjunction with the Leadership and Performance Manager.
- Management and updating of relevant policies e.g. study aid.
- Systems development and support to projects such as SAP development, and new HR systems.
- Providing administrative support e.g. training event organisation, updating systems, associate participation administration.
To be considered for the position of Learning and Development Manager you must have:
- Previous experience implementing change with a strategic approach
- Demonstrable experience across the full learning and development cycle
- Experience managing a team and effective people management skills
- Great communication skills that are engaging and confident
- Experience in designing / delivering / managing blended learning programmes that encourage Associates to acquire new skills and knowledge covering all learning styles
- A collaborative style and ability to build good working relationship with a variety of stakeholders
- The experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- An understanding of the production environment
- Ideally, hold a CIPD qualification or can demonstrate a solid professional development record.
What the company can offer you:
A competitive salary of £50K+, 25 days' holiday, a car, optional 2nd car at discounted rate, bonus, local discounts, medical and dental plan, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and the opportunity to purchase the companys products at a generously discounted rate.
What the client wants from you:
No two days are the same and you will need to be able to react and change priorities at very little notice. The ability to self-manage your workload and have high level organisation skills is essential. Strong communication skills are a must as you will have exposure to all levels of the business.