Role context and purpose:
The Marketing Manager will deliver customer focussed integrated marketing campaigns and programmes that maximise lead generation and awareness to support the achievement of business objectives and revenue targets. They will be recognised as experts in key markets and customers in terms of characteristics, segmentation and targeting, and the positioning of our brand, products and services.
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant priority business area offering, customers and market. Own and conduct market research to define customer characteristics, wants and needs; and apply customer and market insight to develop segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that are delivered via multiple channels, to build awareness, increase customer engagement, generate sales leads and meet the strategic needs of the business area and its customers. Ensure all campaign messaging supports the overarching brand message and campaign themes.
- Manage the marketing budget for the relevant business area, prepare fully costed plans for all programmes of activity and seek consultation and approval as per our sign off processes.
- Provide specialist marketing advice to the business on the elements of the marketing mix that are most relevant to achieve objectives. Take a brief from the business and turn it into an integrated programme of marketing activity, applying creative thinking and initiative.
- Collaborate closely with the wider Group Marketing team to communicate plans, campaigns and objectives, developing bespoke briefs when required. Discuss and agree where internal marketing resources can support with execution services, how they can best deliver against requirements; and the resources required.
Manage the delivery of the campaign / programme of activities. This will include:
o Defining clear SMART objectives to enable post activity analysis.
o Ensuring relevant internal and external briefs are developed and communicated
o Responsibility for delivering the projected results outlined in the objectives.
o Ensuring the campaign has a digital element to support the overall campaign objectives.
o Ensuring the campaign has relevant international elements where appropriate.
o Delivering the campaign on time and in budget.
o Management of the campaign through marketing automation tool and CRM system.
o Through the development of the campaign, protect commercially sensitive information, e.g. customer data, new product information, competitor information
o Oversee the relationship with internal / external agencies used in the process ensuring they deliver on time and to budget.
o Provide creative input into the campaign design process.
Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and deliver clear communication to the rest of the business on the impact of the relevant campaigns. Provide advice on improvements for future campaigns and activity following the evaluation of campaigns.
Develop business intelligence on new media, new marketing techniques and a first-hand understanding of the customer base and marketplace for the relevant business area. This must include regular visits to customers, attendance and participation at relevant industry events and the development of a sound knowledge of the offering promoted.
Some travel in the UK/Internationally with the occasional overnight stay and out of hours
working, including attending events and presentations.