Control the ordering and inventory of Externally Purchased products from suppliers in line with agreed installation dates. Manage supplier relationships to ensure required standards, system data and service levels are met.
- Liaise with the Commercial & Installations Departments to produce a requirements procurement plan based on required installation dates.
- Place weekly orders / call offs with suppliers in line with the procurement plan and supplier lead times.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Product Development team, to ensure the smooth and timely introduction of new products. Plus, the smooth and timely exit of obsolete products
- Liaise with the Customer Support department and logistics partners to ensure that end to end Customer SLA's are achieved
- Effective component requirements planning, maintaining lean stock levels whilst at the same time maintaining on-time in full deliveries.
- Ensure accurate labelling of inventory products for seamless picking within the warehouse.
- Monitoring of supplier performance ensuring that products are delivered on time and in full. Ensure credit notes for faulty or non-received products are issued by suppliers
- Development of the business requirements planning and purchasing process and systems.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Experience in an inventory planning role.
- Prior experience of working with commercial and operational departments.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills across all functions of the business.
- Knowledge of MRP systems and processes.
- Confident with or ability to learn ERP packages.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Excel and Outlook.
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Proactive approach to work
- Open to change to progress the business forward
- A desire to achieve and improve
9am-5pm (30 mins lunch)