Job descriptionPart time Administration role
We have another great admin role within this busy company. This is a part time position, 2 days a week (Thursday and Friday). We would like this person to start as soon as possible however, they will start on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so that they can train with another Admin team member and then will move onto the regular Thursday and Friday, so flexibility is required initially. The annual salary will be £7,600.
Scope of Position: To provide comprehensive support and assistance within the Administration Department, working a 9-hour day (including a 1-hour unpaid lunch break) Thursday and Friday (except Bank Holidays) between the hours of 08.00 – 17.00. Assisting with both inbound and outbound phone and email queries, control of order entry process and forms and assisting other departments where needed.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives:
• Processing of customer requests, including ordering and setting up new accounts and deleting old accounts.
• Developing skills to complete required Administration
• Work as part of a team to ensure customer requirements are delivered in line with agreed service levels.
• Support other departments during peak times.
Skills and Capabilities:
• Knowledge of key operational software platforms and other internal applications.
• Some administration and signalling technology experience are preferred but NOT essential.
• Self-starter. Able to take on a task and see it through to completion.
• Attention to detail for reporting and other activities.
• Able to prioritise and manage workload.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and platforms in line with business needs.
• Complete development courses and attend training events to develop new skills as required.
• Provide assistance to other team members when required and carry out other activities as reasonably requested.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and emails quickly and professionally. See customer, supplier, and other queries through from beginning to end as required.
• Ensure excellent levels of customer care and service are adopted in accordance with Company standard Correspondence with suppliers (and to customers when required) to be presented and submitted in a format consistent with our Company image and customer care standards.
All candidates should be made aware prior to interview that if successful, they will be subject to security vetting checks in line with industry standards (BS7858:2012). This includes a credit history check (to check for any financial sanctions i.e. active CCJ’s or other penalty), 5 year employment history check, terrorism check, Disclosure Scotland check and also two character references. Any aspect of the vetting which is not satisfactory will result in their employment offer being withdrawn. Candidates should not be referred to us who knowingly will not pass our security vetting checks.