Our client are looking for a Production Control Technician to join their Swindon team in their furniture and cabinet making division. The successful candidate will check all technical drawings and enter details into the in house system (CAD experience required), checking units and making alterations ready for CNC operatives and the shopfloor. Systems maintenance - also require someone who is comfortable technically, so can adapt to modifications and progress in the programmes without being phased.
Production Control Technician
To ensure that all customer orders are technically viable prior to the on-time creation of production programs and paperwork.
- Create and Issue all cut lists & programs to our inhouse CNC production machinery.
- Verify and maintain correct product specifications.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials.
- Work alongside our designers and Product Manager to satisfy customer special product requirements.
- Ensure that customer orders are approved and viable for production.
- Maintain product costings in conjunction with our Supply Chain Department.
- Any other reasonable duties specified by the Head of Department.
- Auto Cad or similar technical drawing package experience
- Previous experience in a technical manufacturing role an advantage.
- Ability to achieve a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Highly computer literate
- Good knowledge of Arithmetic / Maths
- Methodical and proactive approach
- Technically oriented
- Positive attitude with a desire to progress and improve
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Positive 'can do' and right first-time attitude