Temp 6 months
Reporting to the Portfolio Specialist, you will play a key role in supporting the delivery across England, Northern Ireland and Wales; working with other members of the leadership team, to ensure it adds maximum value proposition and is shaped to support delivery of Industrial Strategy.
As part of this fast paced team, you will help to successfully develop how its business facing networks support innovative businesses to grow internationalise and scale, to deliver on the Connect proposition; alongside ensuring it is discharging its contractual responsibilities as Coordinator of the Enterprise Europe Network, England , Northern Ireland and Wales.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, creative environment and be passionate about innovation and supporting to grow, internationalise and scale.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- You will support the Portfolio Specialist in the development of delivery strands with cross organisation impact, including but not limited to:
- Supporting compliance with internal monitoring and evaluation process in respect of new projects, facilitating their integration with Innovate UK systems as they arise and as necessary.
- Monitoring the project setup tasks to ensure projects are processed through operations systems.
- Drafting and preparation of grant offer letters
- Provide a point of contact for award holders and internal stakeholders in relation to grants administration processes
- Ensuring robust audit compliance, and compliance with internal procurement process; you will liaise with the Governance Team to this end. Supporting the Portfolio Specialist in managing responsibilities and relationships with service contractors as necessary.
- Checking and collation of all awards documentation submitted by grant recipients during the project setup phase
- Managing the partner operations helpdesk
- Identify trends across the portfolio, catching potential issues early and ensuring swift resolution where possible
- Provide a clear point of contact for all Consortium Partner Managers and Advisers, responding in a timely fashion to all queries and issues
- Ensure project close out activity is carried out in a timely manner
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider directorate.
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of effective teams, preferably in an operational environment to deliver results
- Experience of coordinating/supporting a project focused team in a high-volume environment
- Proven hands-on ability to work within a changing and strategically-led environment
- Experience of working with multiple, senior-level stakeholders, providing proactive stakeholder support, managing multiple deadlines concurrently
- Experience of delivering business support
- Experience of achieving results through influencing skills rather than direct control
- Experience of working with contractual documentation