Salary: £23,000 depending on experience.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday 08:30hrs to 16:45hrs
20 days holiday in the first FULL year and then 25 days in the second full year and thereafter.
6 month probation period with auto enrolment in to the Company Pension Scheme in the third month with basic contribution 3.5% and the Company contributing 8.5%.
BUPA Private Healthcare membership in third month (underwritten) - free to employee although a taxable benefit
Responsible for obtaining and managing sources of supply for the products and services the Company requires to operate. To identify suppliers that offer the best service - quality, cost, value and reliability.
- Working alongside the Senior Manager to determine future raw material requirements
- Placing orders with suppliers for raw materials
- Tracking progress of deliveries with freight hauliers
- Raising orders for consumable items
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating favourable terms
- Occasional visits to audit suppliers
- Dealing with quality issues and quantity discrepancies
- Submitting solvents and packaging usage to the appropriate authorities
- Sourcing alternative suppliers for products when necessary due to supply/price issues
- Competent in Microsoft/Sage products
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competences
- Good communication
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Strong team player
- Able to complete documentation with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets