Could you manage a trading account with a huge key account via a team of account managers?
Do you have a solid background within retail either supplier or manager?
If you are a sales trainer and have been involved in retail this could be your next big step!
- As part of the Retail Team the Business Manager will be responsible managing our total trading relationship with a key account and managing the dedicated Field Team to drive performance and joint business objectives
- To drive improvements in performance and service through managing and supporting implementation of agreed category initiatives and trials, reporting and compliance
- To deliver joint account plans and drive proactive engagement across our customer base
- To drive customer engagement across the Smiths News business and be the 'voice of the customer'
- To determine and deliver the retail functional plan
- To drive profitability of key retailers and customer channels
About your skills and experience
- Relationship Management - You'll have the ability to build and maintain relationships across the industry and a passion for delivering excellent service
- Commercial Acumen - You'll confidently understand cost and profitability drivers, have sound commercial acumen and strategic awareness along with strong analytical skills
- Joint Business Planning - You'll have experience in designing and delivering a joint business plan. Have the capability to drive accountability, set expectations and maintain standards
- Organisation & planning - Excellent planning, organisation & communication skills. Able to work in a reactive environment
- Stakeholder Management - you'll have experience networking effectively cross functionally and managing senior stakeholders. You'll have a strong internal and external industry network which will help you achieve the best outcomes in your role.
- Negotiation Skills - You'll be a good negotiator who can plan and execute negotiation strategies across a range of commercial areas
- Customer Service - You'll be dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, in line with company values and have a proven track record of implementing initiatives to improve customer service.
- Leadership - A strong team player, you'll demonstrate leadership values and play a key role in creating an industry leading team. You have the drive and passion to motivate others to succeed. Demonstrates an ability to motivate others, ensuring business engagement with Retail Account priorities across direct reports and wider business
- Data and Information - You'll have a strong background in a commercial role, and be able to make decisions, draw conclusions and create plans based on data and analytics
- Change Management - An advocate of change with an ability to engage and energise customers around change
Salary: £45k PA + Car
Location: South East / M4 corridor