Our client a leading energy trading company, are looking for an experienced Risk Analyst to join their Risk team, to support and control their trading activities. Based in Swindon, they have excellent benefits and amenities and easy access from a wide range of locations.
Risk have a key role in supporting and controlling the company's trading activities. This includes providing the Board with unbiased, comprehensive, accurate and timely market risk and performance information. They also use there knowledge and expertise to provide advice to senior management, traders, finance and other stakeholders to ensure our business remains compliant, successful and profitable.
Our office is located in Swindon with good access to the M4 and local amenities. Our location allows for our employees to live in a wide range of locations, from Swindon and its surrounding villages to Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford. We have an on site gym, with free classes daily, and various lunchtime sports clubs.
You will work closely with our commercial functions and gain an appreciation of our entire business.
You will be responsible for the appropriate valuation, analysis and provision of daily risk and performance information for the trading desks and senior management. The trading desks have a wide range of complex and interesting business activities that require a strong risk team to partner and control them. You will be a key part of this and as such you will need to be keen to learn about their commercial activities and be able to provide support to the business using your expertise and knowledge, both technically and commercially. You will also contribute to Risk-wide projects, and to ongoing activities designed to enhance the efficiency of the team.
You will be invited to relevant training courses and provided with a wealth of on-the-job training to ensure you develop as a risk analyst and build the necessary skills to further your career.
- Providing detailed analysis of risk measures, positions, P&L and trading strategies for senior management, finance and traders.
- Valuation and risk assessment of new products.
- Working on various projects and initiatives across the business.
- Preparing position, risk and P&L reports for the desk's trading books on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ad hoc risk measurement and checking that the traders are operating within agreed guidelines.
- Working with the traders to identify, quantify and communicate the market risks they carry.
- Pro-actively improving your own skills and improving us as a team in line with business requirements.
- Working with risk teams in other locations to deliver timely reports and analysis.
You must be:
- Very comfortable and confident with numerical analysis
- Keen to embrace the challenge of working in a complex and interesting trading environment
- Interested in commodity trading
- Able to demonstrate consistent delivery of targets and ability to manage workload in a pressurised environment.
- Able to demonstrate how you use good structure and quantitative or qualitative analytical approaches in tackling complex issues and tasks, with strong evidence of good attention to detail.
- Able to maintain good relationships across the business, accompanied by good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate that you have a strong, independent mind set in executing day-to-day responsibilities.
- Confident using Excel
- Looking forward to the challenge of working in the Risk department of one of Europe's leading energy trading companies!
The following would be beneficial, but are not essential:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a Science-based or closely related subject.
- Working experience in the energy business / energy trading environment.
- Experience of risk management, e.g. application of given limit measurement concepts and usage of complex models.
- Understanding of commodity trading and the trading lifecycle.
Experience of modelling, option theory, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, Greeks, pricing models, stress testing, VaR concepts.