Senior Business Systems Analyst
Role context and purpose:
To provide investigation and analysis of business activities\processes to assist in the achievement of strategic business goals and to improve the efficiency and value of Business and IT systems.
- Elicit, define and document business requirements, including the 'as is' and 'to be' processes;
- Create user stories and their acceptance criteria as well as influence the creation of prototypes and wireframes;
- Lead workshops to determine and prioritise requirements and their scope;
- Gain understanding of processes, procedures and IT and business systems.
- Challenge current processes to identify potential improvements and efficiencies
- Make recommendations and obtain agreement for process and system improvements
- Work closely with business users (including senior managers) on business cases, feasibility studies and where necessary vendor selection;
- Share progress of development work with business stakeholders;
- Work side-by-side with Software Developers, Testers and Third-Party Suppliers to ensure that documented requirements (user stories) are understood and appropriately applied in system solutions;
- Support and assist system testing
- Play the project role of Product Owner when necessary and appropriate;
- Lead project team sprint planning sessions
- Become subject matter expert for various IT\Business systems and associated processes. As a result, able to negotiate and influence discussions and decisions with stakeholders relating to matters of priority and business value;
- Take responsibility and make decisions for the application of analysis (including style, tools, methods), as well as regular planned demonstrations and feedback for stakeholders;
- Train\mentor business staff in the fundamentals of analysis purpose and value;
- Design, mandate and implement suitable processes for delivery of Systems Business Analysis strategy;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.