Senior Laboratory Technician
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for day to day activities of a Microbiology Laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibility for providing and maintaining service excellence to customers. Providing professionalism and courtesy at a high level.
To ensure all work in the laboratory is carried out in compliance with the Health and Safety policies, Good Laboratory Practice, ISO13485 (Current Revision), ISO17025 (Current Revision) accreditation requirements, internal procedures and in conjunction with the Senior Technicians and under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor/ Management team
- Has specific and general responsibilities and authority in respect of the Quality System.
- Maintains accurate and sufficiently detailed records of all quality tests performed.
- Upholds relevant quality standards as set out in the controlled laboratory and QA procedures.
- Performs other related quality duties as assigned.
- To assist in the day to day organisation of work in the microbiology unit, to meet departmental and customer needs
- Cleaning and washing of Laboratory glassware. Preparation and sterilisation of Laboratory media.
- Performs microbiological techniques on customer product and other samples. Perform standard microbiological procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to: microbiological identifications, culture preparation and maintenance, LAL Endotoxin testing, bioburden, environmental, biological indicator (routine and validation), product inoculations and sterility testing.
- Operation and maintenance of the laboratory autoclave, water generation system, balances, heating mantles, stirrers, incubators, laminar flows, cleanrooms, pH meter, vacuum pumps, filtration apparatus, monitoring systems, pipettes, thermometers, turbidimetric kinetic and gel clot equipment and other equipment used in carrying out duties.
- Responsible for organising the environmental monitoring program (including particle counting) and the checking of the environmental conditions within the laboratory.
- Cleaning of general laboratory, test rooms and cleanrooms.
- Disposal of lab waste generated in carrying out duties.
- Deal with all customer inquiries/complaints in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Responsible for stock control in conjunction with the other laboratory staff in a proactive manner.
- Designated trainer for the laboratory.
- To initiate, investigate, control and analyse non-conformance reports ensuring all relevant parties are informed.
- To assist in the management of work instructions, Methods and procedures.
- To assist in the validation of laboratory equipment and producing relevant reports
- To ensure the laboratory is maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- To attend such courses, and undergo such training, as is considered relevant.
- To be familiar with the micro work carried out in the Laboratory.
- To undertake any other such duties as may become necessary, and as may reasonably be expected, in the provision of the quality assured service.
Sound knowledge of general microbiology techniques and GMP, a Senior Technician position requires a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience or a degree in a science based subject preferably Biology with a minimum of one year in industry.
Own transport essential due to location