Salary range from £32,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Plus benefits package (including private healthcare) to be negotiated
As this is a client facing role, you will be supporting the team in providing professional planning advice to a wide range of stakeholders and negotiating with the relevant bodies on technical matters. This role will involve preparing and submitting planning appraisals, applications and appeals, local plan representations, as well as supporting the delivery of Neighbourhood Plans - All initially under the guidance of a senior colleague. The role will involve assisting with the projects of colleagues and undertaking research when required.
You will be primarily based in the office but will be required to travel to sites, meetings etc as required. The role will involve some unsociable hours (generally evening planning committee meetings / client meetings).
The duties will include (but will not be limited to)
- Managing projects and developing client relationships
- Managing planning applications and appeals, lawful certificate applications and appeals, enforcement cases (including appeals), prior approval notifications and pre-application enquiries
- Occasional management of external consultant teams / individual consultants
- Liaison with architects, clients, planning authorities, the Planning Inspectorate, statutory consultees and third parties as required
- Preparing local plan and neighbourhood plan representations
- Preparing for and attending public consultation events and planning committee meetings
- Maintaining understanding of UK Planning legislation, guidance and regulations
- Supporting Neighbourhood Plan Steering Groups
- A good understanding of planning objectives and principles
- An understanding of processing applications from preparation to submission.
- Able to draft reports that assess material planning considerations, relevant to individual proposals/projects accurately and within deadlines
- Professional approach to dealing with clients, local authorities etc. regarding planning process and Partnership case work.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for planning and urban design