Technical Fleet Controller
Our client based in Corsham are looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join their organisation as a Technical Fleet Controller. As the successful candidate you will have a positive, assertive and confident communication style, the ability to demonstrate a positive approach and be committed to delivering customer solutions.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Effective management of the invoicing cycle across Operations to ensure business KPI's are met.
- Managing requests for bookings and authority on behalf of our customers and within their specified guidelines, applying the expert knowledge to minimise cost and maximise vehicle up-time.
- Effectively manage all vehicle off road incidents to ensure maximum uptime.
- Liaison with manufacturers to ensure best outcome for customers; parts chasing, loss of use, FOC vehicles, warranty contributions, etc.
- Compliance management for ancillary (& HGV) assets.
- Point of contact for technical escalations, invoice disputes and additional processing (as required).
- Managing daily task allocation across operating systems, planning prioritising and demonstrating effective time management to ensure all planned activities are executed.
- Contribute to identification of potential improvements in processes or system enhancements that would improve our ability to deliver exceptional service.
- Diary, task, activity and action point management in Outlook and the operating system.
- Mechanical vehicle knowledge essential.
- Must be adept in the use of a PC including use of email, electronic diary management and the internet.
- Able to use Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum) to an intermediate level essential.
- A positive, assertive and confident communication style
- Succinct in communication delivery
- Positive approach to dealing with customers.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills with an ability to assimilate accurate information
- Able to instantly build and maintain rapport with a range of people at all levels of seniority
Organisation, Planning & Decision Making
- Demonstrates a proactive approach
- Committed to delivering solutions
- Able to multi task with accuracy
Task Management Skills
- Adheres to company policy relative to electronic diary, task, project and action point management
Flexibility and Resilience
- Can react with the appropriate sense of urgency to challenges when presented
- Able to remain focussed and continue delivering to high standards when under pressure
- Adopts a positive approach to feedback, ensuring areas for improvement are actively developed upon
- Able to assess own performance to ensure development
- Embraces challenging situations, looking to provide solutions
- Reliable, tenacious and professional
- A positive, mature and confident manner
- Inspires confidence by sharing knowledge and experience
- Able to work a minimum of 42 hours per week.
- Able to commute to work reliably
- Able to remain flexible with regard to holiday dates
- Comprehensive training
- 20 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pleasant, modern working environment