Unified Communications Architect
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Unified Communications Architect to join a fast growing technology company.
The Unified Communications Architect will form a key part of the presales technical team, providing specialist consultation and design services across multiple video and communication platforms.
Utilizing a service first approach, the successful candidate will work closely with the sales team and our clients to understand the environment, identify the requirement and develop solutions that meet the need.
The Unified Communications architect will produce detailed design documentation and service migration plans as required to ensure successful transition of the project from design through to delivery.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of the companys communication solutions portfolio
- Working with sales teams to successfully convert opportunities into sales
- Consult with customers to fully understand and identify requirements
- Provide technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop integrated, interoperable solutions across multiple communications platforms
- Produce presales sales documentation
- Present proposed solutions to technical and non-technical clients
- Produce detailed design documentation and migration plans as required
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure technical knowledge is gained to successfully deliver projects
- Oversee successful migration of projects from opportunity to deployment
- Provide user-training to end client
- Thorough understanding of IP video and voice communication platforms, including but not limited to:
- Cisco and Polycom video endpoints, infrastructure and services
- Microsoft collaboration ecosystem and services
- Cloud based video services and infrastructure
- Thorough understanding of enterprise networks, LAN and WAN
- Good knowledge of interoperability capabilities, considerations and requirements
- Good knowledge of estate management systems and services
- Good knowledge of enterprise level operating systems & directory services
- An up-to-date understanding of the UC marketplace including products and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to understand project schedule and plans
- Ability to drive project requirements, with clients and internal teams
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Visio