IT Support Technician
Salary: £13.74 p/h
Role context and purpose:
Provides technical support for the build, configuration, provisioning and maintenance of our desktop estate. Includes elements of operational support within our IT service estate. This is an internal customer facing role providing front line service for approx. 280 staff.
- Provides support for incidents and problems relating to desktop PCs and laptops (software and hardware), printers and our telephony equipment and solution.
- Identifies and resolves issues to user satisfaction in a timely manner according to our SLAs and agreed resolution times
- Builds and provisions new and replacement desktop and laptop equipment (and supporting peripherals). Manages and maintains the build "image" for consistent delivery of our agreed "standard build". Ensures new and replacement machines are provisioned with the correct variances of software and that adequate licensing is in place.
- Manage the desktop and laptop refresh programme ensuring replacement equipment is prepared and ready for deployment to agreed refresh timescales. Work closely with staff to ensure smooth transition from existing to new equipment.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing review of desktop and laptop specification and the level tiers for staff usage requirements. Review and make recommendations for specification and manufacturer.
- Act as the interface to manufacturer support for the desktop, laptop and telephony equipment estate.
- Support and ensure network and telephony connectivity to desks and agreed connectivity areas. Includes maintenance of cabling and patching
- Provides support for key infrastructure services as determined by the Service Operations Manager, including MS Exchange and our File Server
- Manage the IT build room area, ensuring a safe, tidy and productive working environment.
- Actively contribute to the maintenance and ongoing expansion of our online knowledge base. Assist the Service Operations Manager in the effective implementation of changes and/or new services into support.
Competencies & skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to prioritise own work.
- Logical approach to problems and fault finding.
- The ability to learn through experience and on the job training
- Demonstrates professionalism and resilience under pressure.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of existing and emerging technologies
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive content