We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Progress Coach/Tutor (STEM) to join a busy college. As a Progress Coach, you will play a vital role in supporting learners throughout their educational journey by monitoring their progress and performance. Working closely with Curriculum Managers and teaching staff, you will act as an advocate for the learners, ensuring their successful completion of the program.
This position is a temporary role with 37 hours per week
5 weeks (likely to be extended).
The hourly rate is between £13.08 and £14.35, depending on experience.
The working hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
– Act as a Progress Coach for a designated number of learners, providing them with guidance and support.
– Support learners’ induction, performance, progress, and progression.
– Take responsibility for a caseload of learners, working with them in tutorial groups, smaller focused sessions, and one-on-one interactions.
– Monitor and check student attendance within your caseload.
– Respond promptly to any barriers to learning by implementing proactive intervention strategies, referring learners to relevant support services, and monitoring their progress. Adjust actions as necessary to ensure success.
– UCAS experience is crucial, as you will be responsible for assisting students with their personal statements and UCAS applications.
– Experience working with young people in a pastoral support capacity, understanding their needs, and providing appropriate support.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to deliver 13 one-hour tutorials weekly, both in and out of the classroom.
If you are passionate about supporting students in their educational journey and have the necessary experience, we would love to hear from you.
Simply fill in our short form, upload a copy of your CV and we will be in touch.